Sunday, July 7, 2013

Review: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lust (Tropical Taboo collection)

Today I'm reviewing the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish that I picked up from the Tropical Taboo summer collection. MAC describes their Mineralize skinfinish as "a luxurious, velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish".

I own several other MAC MSF's - Soft and Gentle, and then Whisper of Gilt and Glorify (that I use as an eyeshadow) from the old In Extra Dimension collection that came out a year or two ago.  I love all of the ones I own! I do, however, have mixed feelings about MAC MSFs. They are very hit or miss for me and really just depend on the color.  Sometimes I find that they fall in the "strange zone", where it's slightly too dark to be a highlight but slightly too light to be a blush.  For me, it really just takes swatching it in person to see if it works for my skintone.  But as I said, I am very pleased with the ones I currently own! 

Now onto Lust! 

MAC describes Lust as a "pale pink with cranberry pearl". I think that's an accurate description. At first it did not look impressive to me, but when the MA at MAC applied it to my cheeks, I fell in love! It gives such a glowy, slightly sunkissed pinky cheek! 


Heavy swatch on left. Applied with a brush on the right. 

The picture above truly doesn't do it justice. You need to swatch it for yourself in person to enjoy the beautiful pinky shimmer that appears in the light. It's beautiful! 

If you're looking for a glowy pinky cheek this summer, Lust may be for you. MAC MSFs are sold on the MAC website and other MAC retailers. Lust retails for $29.00. If you're interested in picking it up, you'll want to run, not walk, to your MAC counter as this is part of the limited summer collection and is sold and/or selling out quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment