Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Too Faced Pretty Rebel Palette Review, Swatches, and EOTD

Love at first EOTD. What else can I say about this palette? The Two Faced Pretty Rebel Palette is Too Faced's limited edition palette for fall 2013. I found mine at Ulta for $46.

Originally I wasn't going to get this palette. I went in to Ulta to look at the Anastasia Catwalk Palette. But after looking at it and finding that it only had less than 2 grams of product for $29 (Boo!), I wandered over to the Pretty Rebel Palette to compare. It comes with 15 grams of product for $46! Each shadow is 1.5 grams, almost as much as the entire total weight of the Catwalk palette! The Pretty Rebel is a much better value by far! So after playing around with the tester and falling in love with certain shadows in the palette, I found myself walking out of Ulta with one stinkin' adorable palette in hand. 

The palette comes with 10 shadows. Only two are matte, but I don't find this to be a problem as the two mattes they give you are great for a browbone highlight and deepening the crease. They could've added in a good matte transition color, but that's not a deal breaker in my book. I've got plenty of those in single pots to pair with this palette. 

Now lets get into some pictures! 

The packaging is adorable. This is the outside box, and you'll see that it's the same look as the actual palette, but the box isn't three dimensional like the actual palette is. 

Here is the back of the box that shows the shadow colors and their names. 

The actual palette is precious. The ribbons are actually raised and three dimensional. Love! 

  
It comes with a small booklet with some great tutorials on three looks you can create with the palette!

And now the shadows!
Hello lover.  At first look, I thought this palette was such a strange, unusable mix of colors. But after playing around with it, I love the mix it has! There are so many different looks that can be done with this palette, from simple neutral to bright pink and flashy, to multiple options for smokey eyes! I love when palettes give the option of a basic eye but also something really fun and special! 

And now swatches! 
Left to right: Dainty, Charming, Girly, Totally Fetch, Miss Sparkles

Left to right: Ringleader, Gangsta, Instigator, Badass, Jailbird

Totally Fetch, Girly, and Instigator are the standouts for me! Totally Fetch has a gorgeous sheen to it that almost made me giggle audibly when I applied it this morning...almost! ;-). Girly reminds me a bit of MAC's Blue Brown pigment, but this one seems to have more red undertones to me, especially when I applied it to my eyes. Instigator is just a gorgeous, pigmented antique looking gold that I never get tired of! 

Here's an eye look I created today using Dainty, Totally Fetch, Girly, and Instigator. I also added in Ben Nye Honey as my transition color. 

I am absolutely thrilled with this palette. It definitely isn't your end-all, be-all palette, as it doesn't have enough neutrals in my mind to be that, but it's definitely a good time. It's one of those palettes that just puts a smile on my face every time I look at it or create looks with it! If you're looking for a palette that's fun and different and great quality, the Too Faced Pretty Rebel palette may be just what you're looking for. 

I plan on doing some tutorials/GRWM videos on my YT channel, so be sure and subscribe (if you're a YTer) so you can be watching for that! I'm also LipglossLeslie in there too! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment