Thursday, September 12, 2013

LORAC Pro To Go Palette Swatches and Review

Today I have a review of the LORAC Pro To Go palette. This was a total impulse purchase. I have to be honest...I'm not a huge fan of the LORAC Pro palette.  I know, I know. Most everyone loves the Pro palette. For me, I just find that the shadows are too soft and blend too easily and too much. I just have a hard time working with them. But I LOVE my Unzipped palette, and in reading other reviews about the Pro To Go palette, it sounded like the shadows weren't quite like that....or maybe I was just hoping they wouldn't be... ;-) 

The packaging is really beautiful! The only downside is that it is made of the same material as the Pro palette which collects makeup on it and just looks dirty eventually. 

Here you can see the thickness comparison between the two palettes. The Pro To Go is over twice as thick, because it folds over onto itself. 

Here you can see the basic layout of the palette. I cut off the mirror at the top because it was reflecting my bathroom light. The palette comes with three shimmery eyeshadows, one satin shadow, two matte shadows, one shimmery blush, one matte blush, one bronzer, and two eyeshadow brushes. 

Here are the shadows. I love the collection of colors they decided to include. I love that they gave us an assortment of finishes but still kept the colors neutral. There are a ton of different looks you could get from using this palette, from a light, classic pin up eye to a neutral bronzey eye to a dark smokey eye. I can't wait to create lots of looks with this palette! And now onto swatches! 

Left to right: Pearl, Chai, Mink (all shimmery)

Left to right: Shell (satin), Cafe, Black (mattes)

Again, I really love the shades and finishes they chose to include. The shadows are buttery but not to soft from what I can tell from swatches. Now onto the blushes and bronzer...

Left to right: Coral, Pink, Bronzer

I was a ting disappointed but overall happy with this part of the palette. Coral is gorgeous! It is a bright and beautiful pinky toned coral. I love it!! Pink is a bit underwhelming, only because it's not super pigmented. But I was able to build it up after a little work. The bronzer is too warm from just swatching it. Maybe it will perform better on the face...I hope! It just has a strange almost mustardy undertone to it. But I will say, in the picture it is coming off much more yellow than it actually is in real life. It does have a bit of that cast, but not nearly as prominently as it's coming across in the pictures. 

Overall I'm really pleased with this palette! I think it's amazing for travel, has a perfect mix of products, finishes, and colors, and is great quality and a nice value. I'm excited to play with it more! The LORAC Pro To Go palette is exclusive to Sephora and can be purchased on their website for $38. I read rumors that it's been found at Sephoras inside JCPenneys, but I can't verify that. I'd say if you're looking for a versatile palette, you travel occasionally (or often), or you are looking for an easy all-in-one palette....and you're a neutral girl, the LORAC Pro To Go palette is definitely something worth checking out! 

1 comment:

  1. Do you know if this is limited edition?! I recently saw it suspiciously disappear from sephora's website :(

    ReplyDelete