Friday, September 12, 2014

New Wet N Wild Enchanting Halloween Looks Collection: Review & Swatches!

The other night, my dear husband said he needed to run in Walgreens really quickly for something. Of course I had to tag along inside and peruse the makeup aisles. ;) As always, I was super excited to spot a brand new Wet N Wild Halloween display! And actually, the sweet girl I always see working there was in the process of putting it out, so I just helped her stock it and shopped at the same time!  Haha! 

First I grabbed 3 of the 4 limited edition Megaslicks lip glosses. These seem to be just pretty run-of-the-mill lipglosses. Nothing particularly exciting about them, other than their awesome price tag! They were on sale for $1.41 each!  
Left to right: Pershing Bare, Please Flash Me!, Bloody Good

These are all nice shades. Please Flash Me! is a sort of strange mustardy color. It reminds me of something from one of the recent Mac collections. I bet it could be really nice if it were layered with other lip products. That's really why I grabbed it. And also, I was just curious for $1.41! 
Left to right: Pershing Bare, Please Flash Me!, Bloody Good

I also got the limited edition Mega Rocks nail polish in Rising Star. It looks absolutely gorgeous! Just based on looking at it on the brush, it looks like it packs of lot of glitter in there, and in all different sizes. Can't wait to use this one!
Rising Star

Next, I got 3 of the 5 limited edition Coloricon 5-Pan palettes. I didn't grab the silvery black one or the neutral one that is said to be a dead on dupe for Naked Truth which is part of the regular line. But according to Nouveaucheap's blog, these are supposed to be a new and improved formula, along with the ones from the recently fall collection. Great news since Wet N Wild seems to have gone off into the weeds for a while! 
Left to right: A Karat in the World, Venice Vixen, Daring Downtown

These are all really nicely pigmented! I just love these palettes from a Wet N Wild because you can have so much fun with you eye looks for very little money! These were $3.99. 
A Karat in the World

Venice Vixen

Daring Downtown 

And finally, I grabbed all of the limited edition Megalast lipsticks because....I stinkin' love these lipsticks! I'd love them for $20! But part of the reason I love them so much is definitely their amazing price. These were on sale for $1.49!!
Left to right: Sunset Stripped, Clothing Optional, Coming in Latte, Rose to Fame, Urban Nights, Tangelinos

All of the shades are gorgeous! Clothing Optional surprised me the most. I was really expecting it to be way too light and just a not-flattering-nude shade. But it actually has a lot more peach to it and is a really cute color!  I love it! Check out Nouveaucheap's post on her blog about this collection to read more about Urban NightS. I capitalize the S because apparently this is a different shade from the Urban Night (no S) shade from the fall collection. I can't seem to find my Urban a Night lippy to compare them! Grr!!
Left to right: Sunset Stripped, Clothing Optional, Coming in Latte, Rose to Fame, Urban Nights, Tangelinos

All in all, I absolutely love this collection. It's just a nice Halloween themed collection. Most of the shades are muted or dark and just fits the holiday perfectly! Have I mentioned how much I love these limited edition collections from Wet N Wild?? :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the Venice Vixen and Daring Downtown palettes. The lipsticks look like awesome colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you find these in TX? I'm in the Dallas area and I could not find the display at any of the Walgreens near me! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. i picked few things as well! love all WnW :)

    ReplyDelete