Friday, December 12, 2014

NEW Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette: Review & Swatches

If you follow my YouTube channel  then you know my love affair with the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette! It's been one of my favorites palettes in my collection since I got it around this time last year. So when I heard that Too Faced was coming out with a second edition, I was so excited!  

I ordered this palette for $49 off of the Sephora website. At the time I ordered it, it was only available to VIBs and VIB Rouges. It should be available to everyone on Sephora's website soon. 

The packaging on this one is similar to the original Chocolate Bar palette, only a more milky, lighter, more orange color. And the width on this palette seems to be the same as the first Chocolate Bar palette after they made the packaging thinner. I have the thicker version that was first released. 

This palette has a warmer theme to it than the first. I would've guessed that they'd want to create a more cool-toned palette, but they opted for an even warmer version of the already semi-warm Chocolate Bar palette.

Most of the shadows swatch pretty nicely, aside from a couple of poorer performing shades in the palette, like Pink Sugar (very glittery with little pigmentation) and Nougat (which took a lot of of building). My favorite shade from the palette is Peanut Butter. I think it'd be a perfect warm transition shade!

Left to right: Licorice, Coconut Creme, Nougat, Truffled, Hot Fudge

Left to right: Cocoa Chili, Pink Sugar, Puddin', Blueberry Swirl, Peanut Butter, Frosting

Left to right: Rum Raisin, Mousse, Caramel, Bon Bon, Butter Pecan

Overall, I like this palette, but it's not love at first sight for me like it was with the original Chocolate Bar palette. I think I will enjoy using it, but I don't think I'll be reaching for it as much as I do the original. Keep an eye out on my YouTube channel for a full review once I've tried these shadows on my eyes for several days. 

3 comments:

  1. When I saw this was coming out I immediately thought of you! I am sure you will come up with great looks using it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The packaging is so pretty, but this palette doesn't appeal to me as much as the original Chocolate Bar palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a good idea that they have a bigger size for the lighter colours! I always use up the light colours in palettes really quickly

    ReplyDelete