Saturday, March 14, 2015

Lots of New Hard Candy Products! Review & Swatches!

Hard Candy has always been a line at Walmart that intrigues me! I think because it's only available there, I don't get to see it as often, so every time they come out with new products, my interest is peaked! And they've come out with a lot of new stuff recently!  I first picked up a few items in one haul, and then went back for a few more! I believe all of the products shown in this blog post (and in the video I'll have up on my channel soon) are new, but if they aren't, well...I guess they're just new to me! :)



First up is the new Glamoflauge foundation and the Sheer Envy Eye Brightening Concealer.  I picked up the foundation in the lightest shade, 930 Porcelein, and it retails for $7.00.  I grabbed the concealer in 938 Radiance and it was $6.00.  

Hard Candy Glamoflauge Foundation in 930 Porcelein


Hard Candy Sheer Envy Eye Brightening Concealer in 938 Radiance

Swatched left to right: Glamoflauge Foundation in 930 Porcelein, Sheer Envy Eye Brightening Concealer in 938 Radiance

The foundation comes in a plastic container (which looks like glass at first glance), and it does have a pump, which is nice! The packaging does feel pretty cheap, but it would be great for travel! As far as how I like this foundation...It's a no-go for me.  Firstly, the shade I picked up is so wrong.  It's way too light and far to yellow-toned for my more neutral/pinky skintone.  They were out of the 2nd in the line; I think that would've been a better match.  But this foundation went on patchy, greasy-looking, and had terrible coverage.  It did, however, remind me of the feel and finish of the Dior Nude Air Foundation (which also really doesn't work for me!).  So if you like that one, you actually may love this foundation!  

The concealer is just ok. It's very peachy-toned, which is great for covering up dark circles, but it's a very thin formula and doesn't provide much coverage at all.  I wouldn't recommend this as a stand alone concealer, but it is better when used as a color-corrector in conjunction with other concealers with more coverage.

Then in my second haul, I picked up the Glamoflauge Lite Blendable Concealer Duo in 755 Light.  This is a MUCH better concealer in my opinion! It was creamy and opaque and gave great coverage! This retails for $6.00



Glamoflauge Lite Blendable Concealer Duo in 755 Light

Then I picked up the Brows Now! Fiberized Brow Gel in 849 Light/Medium for $6.00.  This wasn't a bad product! The highlighter is nicely pigmented, and the brow gel did seem to build on itself nicely.  It reminded me a bit of Benefit's Gimme Brow! The only issue I had with this was that the brow gel was just pretty dark for my blonde hair.



Brows Now! Fiberized Brow Gel in 849 Light/Medium

You know I'm a sucker for eyeshadow palettes and cute packaging. And their new eyeshadow palettes are those 2 wonderful things combined! I chose the Smokey Eyes Smokey Eyeshadow Palette.  The packaging is absolutely adorable, and the products inside are pretty nice. Most all of the shadows swatched nicely, applied easily to the eyes, and wore for a good amount on the time coupled with the eye primer that's included. And the liner was creamy, pigmented, and lasted for a surprising amount of time. For $8.00, I think this is a fun little palette!



Smokey Eyes Smokey Eyeshadow Palette

Smokey Eyes Smokey Eyeshadow Palette: Liner & Top Row

Smokey Eyes Smokey Eyeshadow Palette: Middle Row

Smokey Eyes Smokey Eyeshadow Palette: Bottom Row

Then I grabbed a couple of lip products - The All Glossed Up Hydrating Lip Stain in 920 Perky ($5.00) and the Fierce Effects Darling Lip Gloss in 963 Make Me Blush ($5.00). The lip stain is definitely a fail.  It has full-on disco glitter in it. It feels a little greasy but also gritty on the lips and just isn't a flattering or comfortable formula.  This is a pass in my book.  I did, however, like the lip gloss! It has a little bit of a odd scent to it, but I love the color and the formula feels comfortable and hydrating on the lips.  I believe these are supposed to be infused with Argan oil! So that's a bonus! 


All Glossed Up Hydrating Lip Stain in 920 Perky


Fierce Effects Daring Lip Gloss in 963 Make Me Blush

And last, but not least, are my favorite products I picked up - the Ombre Baked Blushes! I first picked up 993 Sunburst, and liked it so much that I went back for 994 Punch.  These retail for $7.00.  They're both beautifully pigmented and make for lovely, angelic, highlighted cheeks.  But you have to be a fan of bright, glowy blushes to enjoy these!




Ombre Baked Blush in 993 Sunburst


Ombre Baked Blush in 993 Sunburst swatched left to right: light side, darker side, swirled together




Ombre Baked Blush in 994 Punch


Ombre Baked Blush in 994 Punch swatched left to right: light side, darker side, swirled together

Well, and that's a wrap for probably the longest post I've ever written! If you've hung in till the end, you're a trooper! I'd say my overall favorites from these products would be the ombre blushes, followed by the lip gloss, and then the eyeshadow palette.  I hope this review was helpful for you! Are you picking up any of the new goodies from Hard Candy?

1 comment:

  1. These blushes remind me of the Too Faced heart blush in candy glow. They really are pigmented. I picked up Sunburst.

    ReplyDelete