Sunday, March 1, 2015

Maybelline Spring 2015 LE Rebel Bloom Collection: Review & Swatches

Another limited edition spring collection at the drugstore! This one is from Maybelline, and it's the Limited Edition Rebel Bloom collection. It includes new, limited edition Color Tattoos, lipsticks, Matte Blush Sticks, Color Elixirs, and some products from their permanent line that are included in the display. 

I picked up 2 of the Color Tattoos which retailed for $7.29, 1 lipstick that was $7.79, and 1 blush stick that was $9.49 (pricey!) Luckily, Maybelline was buy one, get one 50% at Walgreens, so that shaved a little bit off the price. Drugstore makeup seems to really be going up and up these days. 

First off, the 2 Color Tattoos that I grabbed. I chose just 2 of the colors, because my YouTube friend, April, (wannamakeup on YT and @wannamake_up on Instagram) mentioned that 2 of the ones she grabbed weren't pigmented. Thanks, April, for saving me some money! I got 125 Hibiscus Heartbreak and 130 Black Orchid. Hibiscus Heartbreak is a beautiful metallic pink with a very faint hint of purple and gray tones in it. Black Orchid is a gorgeous purpley, gray taupe. Just beautiful! I love both of these shades! 

Left: 125 Hibiscus Heartbreak. Right: 130 Black Orchid
Left: 125 Hibiscus Heartbreak. Right: 130 Black Orchid

Next is the matte blush stick. I chose 101 Flushed Up, which was the lightest color in the display. It's a lovely, matte pastel pinky-peach shade. I'd say this shade would be best suited for light to medium skin tones. I imagine it would be a bit ashy on deeper skin tones. As you can see in the swatch, it's a pretty creamy formula, so a little bit goes a long way with this one!

101 Flushed Up
101 Flushed Up

And finally, I grabbed 970 Carnation Cabernet. There were 2 light and bright pink shades and one bright orange. I went for my usual love, a berry pink! I wondered if this one would be similar to 730 Orchid Ecstasy from the permanent line, but Orchid Fantasy is much more purple, while Carnation Cabernet pulls more pinky-red. 

970 Carnation Cabernet
970 Carnation Cabernet

Top: Orchid Ecstasy. Bottom: Carnation Cabernet 

I love everything that I got! Maybelline just never seems to disappoint with their limited edition collections. I almost always find some gems that I wish would be made permanent! Have you picked up anything from this collection?

5 comments:

  1. The lipsticks look great! I really want the Black Orchid color tattoo!

    Annie | www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Black Orchid!!

      Delete
  2. I really love the Black Orchid Color Tattoo!!

    ReplyDelete