Thursday, March 5, 2015

Melmphs Limited Edition Madam Glam Set: Review & Swatches

Melissa Autry has always been one of my favorite YouTubers. Her happy, silly, fun personality always makes me smile! So I was so excited when I saw that she'd come out with a limited edition collection with Madam Glam. I've wanted to try some things from their line, so I thought this was the perfect time! 

I ended up picking up 3 of the 4 items in the collection, so I got a great discount - 40% off! $25.71 for all 3 items! 

The set included the 2 lipsticks in the line, Plumed Out KK and Lady HAHA, and the nail polish, Found the One. The polish applied easily and was opaque in one coat, but I always do two, just out of habit. It's a really beautiful brown red. I love rich, dark polish colors like this one! I'd show you a picture of it on my nails, but I'm pretty terrible at painting my nails, so we'll have to leave that out for now. :)  

Found the One

The lipsticks come in a cute, oval shaped tube, and they have the rubbery feel of Nars packaging. Lady HAHA is a beautiful, dark pinky red. Love this color! Plumed Out KK is your gorgeous dark plum...vampy but still wearable! 

Lady HAHA

Plumed Out KK

Swatches left to right: Lady HAHA, Plumed Out KK

Plumed Out KK has a much smoother texture to it than Lady HAHA. Lady HAHA dragged a bit and was patchy at first when I was swatching it, but it built up nicely and is really a pretty shade! Also, my original tube of Lady HAHA had a strange, old lipstick scent to it, but Madam Glam was kind enough to replace it for me. Very impressive customer service! The second one I received still had a strong perfume scent (much like the Revlon lipsticks in the green tubes!), but it was definitely much lighter than the original one. 

I really enjoy this whole collection. I love that it has a little bit darker, more dramatic feel to it. And I'm so excited for Melissa!!

2 comments: