Sunday, March 22, 2015

NEW Drugstore Line - Circa Beauty: Review & Swatches

There's big news in the drugstore world! There are two new makeup brands that just popped up in Walgreens - Colour PrevailS & Circa Beauty. Both of these lines are marketed as being prestige quality cosmetics at more affordable prices. My sweet friend Ashley (txmommyofboys on YouTube) did a great GRWM and review on some products from the Colour Prevails line, so I decided to grab some goodies from the Circa line. Circa Beauty is Eva Mendes' line. I decided to go with one of the Color Focus Eye Shadow Palettes ($12), a Picture Perfect Powder Blush ($12), a Color Absolute Velvet Luxe Lipstick ($10), and a Color Saturated Lip Crayon ($10). 



First off, the packaging for this line LOOKS nice, but when I started opening them and really using them, they feel a little cheap to me..especially the lipstick. And for the price point on these products, that's a little bit of a disappointment. 

I want to first show you the eyeshadows and blush, because I'm excited about (and impressed!) with these. They both swatch really nicely, are very pigmented, and have a nice, buttery texture. These are nice! But that price point... I just wish they were closer to $8 or even $10. $12 for 3 eyeshadows just seems high! 

Color Focus Eye Shadow Palette in 05 Provocateur

Color Focus Eye Shadow Palette in 05 Provocateur

Swatches: Color Focus Eye Shadow Palette in 05 Provocateur

Picture Perfect Powder Blush in 02 Flamenco Beach

Picture Perfect Powder Blush in 02 Flamenco Beach

Swatch: Picture Perfect Powder Blush in 02 Flamenco Beach

And now for the lip products. They both swatch really nicely, but I don't know if they blow me away for $10 each...mainly the lip crayon. If they we're $6 - $7 each, I'd be all about them! Also, they have a strong floral scent that I'm really not a fan of. And the scent does linger on the lips, more so on the lip crayon. I can also even taste a little fragrance or something. Yuck.

The texture on the Color Absolute Velvet Luxe Lipstick is soft and creamy, but it takes a bit of building to get full pigmentation. It has a soft matte finish to it. On the lips, it feels very soft, creamy, and comfortable.  And I love, love this color! I might consider picking up another one of these, but might wait and see if they go on sale at some point.

Color Absolute Velvet Luxe Lipstick in 01 Natalie

Color Absolute Velvet Luxe Lipstick in 01 Natalie

Swatch: Color Absolute Velvet Luxe Lipstick in 01 Natalie

The Color Saturated Lip Crayon has a thicker, almost tacky feeling to it. It's not very comfortable on the lips because of the thicker formula. This color is really gorgeous though! 

Color Saturated Lip Crayon in 03 Passionate

Swatch: Color Saturated Lip Crayon in 03 Passionate

With swatching, my first impressions on this line are that it's nice, but I don't think I'll be picking up many more items from this line because of the higher price points. I just don't see as big of a difference in the quality (and definitely not the packaging) to merit the higher prices. And because it's a new line, I don't yet have brand loyalty to it, so $10 - $12 per product (and not on sale!) is just a little hard to jump on board with. Everything DOES swatch beautifully, though, so maybe as I use these products more (and with future sales, hopefully!), I'll begin to really enjoy this line more! 

Keep an eye out on my YouTube channel for a more in-depth review after I've tried all these products on the face!

No comments:

Post a Comment