Thursday, April 2, 2015

New NYC Cityproof 24 Hr Waterproof Eyeshadow: Review & Swatches

I was strolling through the makeup section at Walmart recently and spotted some new eyeshadow sticks from NYC New York Color! These are called the Cityproof 24 Hr Waterproof Eyeshadows. The display was a little jumbled, so I couldn't quite tell how many different colors there are in the collection by that. According to NYC's website, though, there are 11 shades in the range. I picked up 6 of them, and they were only $2.77 each! I couldn't believe the price! 

The packaging on these is just like the Twistable Lip Colors from NYC. It's a little cheap looking, but it is nice that you can quickly look at the packaging and tell which color you're grabbing. 

Left to right: Central Park Tulips, New York at Night, Wall Street Bronze, Tribeca Taupe, Brooklyn Mocha, Murray Hill Champagne. 

Left to right: Central Park Tulips, New York at Night, Wall Street Bronze, Tribeca Taupe, Brooklyn Mocha, Murray Hill Champagne. 

All of the shadows swatch nicely except for Central Park Tulips. That one was super patchy and every time I tried to build up more color, it would just take off the existing product. That one is definitely a skip! Murray Hill Champagne started to do that a bit, but not nearly as much as the purple shade. After a little more work, it built up to opaque coverage. 

Swatched left to right: Central Park Tulips, New York at Night, Wall Street Bronze, Tribeca Taupe, Brooklyn Mocha, Murray Hill Champagne. 

These claim to be waterproof, crease-proof, smear and tear proof that gives intense pigmentation and vibrant color for 24 hour wear. I've tried these for a few days, and I've found that they're easy to apply and are very long wearing. I think that these are really great little shadow pencils for less than $3! Other than Central Park Tulips, I definitely recommend all of the other shades. Have you tried these new shadow pencils?

1 comment:

  1. I just got the Brroklyn Mocha and I love the color and you can not beat the price!

    ReplyDelete