Friday, May 22, 2015

Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm Creams in Caramel Cream: Review & Swatches

I spotted a big Covergirl at Walgreens recently. You know that magical place of finding limited edition and new displays ... the end cap. Probably the first place we all look when walking in to a drugstore! 

I'm a sucker for lip crayons, so I had to grab one of the Covergirl Gloss Balm Creams to try out. I picked the shade Caramel Dream. It looked like it would be a nice, everyday nude color. It retails for $8.29 so a bit on the pricier side!

The packaging is very reminiscent of most of the lip crayons that are out right now. The packaging matches the color of the lip product inside, which is really cute and also convenient!

Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm Creams in Caramel Dream

Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm Creams in Caramel Dream

So this swatches really nicely on the hand. It's a really pretty peachy nude shade. But on the lips, it has some problems. It shows every imperfection on the lips and is very unforgiving. Something about it just looks strange. So disappointing!

Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm Creams in Caramel Dream

It may just be the shade that I picked, but overall, I'm not wowed by this product. I'd be interested to try at least one more color (I believe there are 6 in the line?) to see if it'd perform better. 

Have you tried the new Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm Creams? What has been your experience with them?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up - one less product I'm tempted to purchase! :)

    ReplyDelete