Sunday, June 7, 2015

Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Gloss: Review & Swatches

I spotted the new Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Glosses at Walmart and decided to try them. I picked up all the colors that were in the display, but there could possibly be a few more? I'm really not sure on that. But these were $3.93 each, so very affordable! 

These have the cutest, 80's inspired packaging. Bright, fun, contrasting colors. I love it! 

Left to right: 05 Just a Glimmer, 25 Taupe with Me, 35 Life's a Peach,  40 Tickled Pink, 45 Coral Craze, 60 Berry Chic

Swatches left to right: 05 Just a Glimmer, 25 Taupe with Me, 35 Life's a Peach 40 Tickled Pink, 45 Coral Craze, 60 Berry Chic

These are marketed as glosses that combine color with shine without a sticky feeling on the lips. The formula on these is very comfortable. It feels hydrating but not sticky in the least. However, I think saying "color" is pretty deceiving, because these really don't have much color at all. They're really just shiny glosses with just the tiniest tinge of color. 

My favorites from the group are Just a Glimmer for a fun, added shimmer (that incidentally, I can't feel on the lips!) or Berry Chic for a popsicle lip look. 

Overall, I like these glosses for what they are. They're comfortable, shiny glosses with adorable packaging. But just don't go in to your purchase expecting a lot of color. Keep an eye out on my YouTube channel for a review and lip swatch video coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. I was so excited for these to come out. I thought they would be slightly pigmented and similar to the balms, but after seeing swatches of them I'm kinda disappointed!

    Check out my blog?
    Krystal @ Little Beauty Bug | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great they do not give a lot of color so I was a little disappointed but I am exited to get just a glimmer

    ReplyDelete