Tuesday, September 29, 2015

New Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lipsticks - Newly Berried & Prowler: Swatches & Review

Another new Hard Candy product that I spotted at Walmart recently are the Fierce Effects Lipsticks. These retail for $5 each.

The first thing that stood out to me was the adorable packaging. I love the little rhinestone lids, and the tops display the color of the lipstick inside. These are a weighty feeling lipstick. They're not cheap and lightweight. The packaging is really impressive for a $5 lipstick!


Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lipsticks left to right: Newly Berried, Prowler

I picked out the shades Newly Berried, a pinky purple shade, and Prowler, a vampy wine shade - perfect for fall!


Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lipsticks left to right: Newly Berried, Prowler

These both swatch really nicely. Newly Berried was opaque and pretty close to even on the first coat.  Prowler took a little bit more building, I think because of the slightly shinier, lustre type finish.  But it builds up nicely, especially on the lips.  The texture on these is really nice.  They're creamy, comfortable, and hydrating. They don't have a super long wear time, but that's to be expected with a glossier, more hydrating formula.  


Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lipsticks left to right: Newly Berried, Prowler

My only complaint would be the lack of wearable neutrals in the range. There are some neutral colors, but I passed on them both because they looked to have an almost metallic finish to them. All in all, I'm impressed with these new lipsticks! The packaging alone sucks me in, and the formula is really nice!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THAT lil purple lippie..haha i just bought it..adorable pkg and for five bucks..as NO DRUGSTORE LIPPIE is very good..milani is the BEST low budget better than some high end I ever have found..maybelinne matte..want to trash,.hope to give away..and..most just wipe off anway..this purple looks fushia in a cam flash..im 54..i bought it and was last one on shelf..i love it..got it on now..not to heavy..or sheer,,fun..feels good..i am looking at glistening or something named that and another..this deep red is hot/cool..but i cannot pull it off or i would got it..fun lil buys...not a waste..i wuv my puple..newly burried..hahahah..i mean..newly berried..lOL..i laughed in the sotre punning the name..ty for review.

    ReplyDelete