Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hard Candy All Matte Up Hydrating Lip Stain: Swatch & Review

Another new product I spotted in the Hard Candy at Walmart recently is the All Matte Up Hydrating Lip Stain.  From what I can remember, there were around 5 shades in the matte line, and they retail for $5 each.  I picked up the shade Earthy Marsala.

The packaging on these is your typical lip crayon format. The outside packaging matches the lip color inside, which is always helpful! 


All Matte Up Hydrating Lip Stain in Earthy Marsala

I chose Earthy Marsala because it looked like a nice 90's nude to me, and I thought it would be perfect for fall! When I swatched Earthy Marsala, I was pleasantly surprised! It's nicely pigmented, and this shade has a nice warmth to it, so it's a brown nude, but it also has a little tinge of red or orange in it, which makes it even more perfect for fall.



All Matte Up Hydrating Lip Stain in Earthy Marsala


All Matte Up Hydrating Lip Stain in Earthy Marsala

As far as the formula goes - it feels like a matte lip crayon. That's about all I can say there. It's not overly drying, but it's not hydrating either.  It's comfortable on the lips. But...I wouldn't call this a lip stain.  This stayed around on my lips for a couple of hours, but more like a traditional lipstick would...not a stain. So other than that, that's about my own complaint with this product.  I really like the packaging, price, and the shade I picked out.  I'm a little curious to go check out more! They had one that looked like a dusty purple shade.  I was really tempted by that one!

Have you tried these new All Matte Up Hydrating Lip Stains from Hard Candy? What do you think about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment