Sunday, October 4, 2015

Rimmel Oh My Gloss! Lip Gloss: Swatch & Review

I also visited Target recently and spotted some new drugstore makeup items.  One was the Rimmel Oh My Gloss! Lip Glosses.  There were around 10 or 12, I believe, in the line? I just grabbed one to start with, just to test out the formula. This retail for $5.49.  

The packaging is kind of your traditional drugstore lip gloss format.  The applicator has a flat end to it.  Nothing too profound or special here as far as packaging, but it's functional, so that's what's important!



Rimmel Oh My Gloss! Lip Gloss in Snog


Rimmel Oh My Gloss! Lip Gloss in Snog

I chose the shade Snog, which is a warm nude shade with no shimmer. Most all of the shades in this line had some form of shimmer to them, which isn't my first choice for glosses, so that's why I went with Snog. This one might still have the tiniest bit of micro shimmer in it, but it's almost undetectable.

Snog swatches really nicely and applied nicely onto the lips as well. It has good color payoff for a gloss.  


Rimmel Oh My Gloss! Lip Gloss in Snog

And as far as the formula - it's very comfortable. Not sticky at all! But, it's not super long-wearing.  That's typically the trade-off with glosses... You either have slightly stickier ones that hang around a long while or really comfortable ones that fade away more quickly.  This one is the latter. And also, these have the same plasticy, chemically (technical terms!) scent as the Stay Glossy Glosses from Rimmel.  I can handle it because it's not super strong, but I really wish it didn't smell like that. :-/

So overall, I think this gloss is just ok. If you're looking for just a traditional gloss to either pair with some of your lipsticks or just an easy, throw-it-on-and-be-comfortable-type gloss, this may be a good option for you! I'm not unhappy with it, but I'm also not overly wowed either. 

Have you tried these new glosses? What do you think about them?



No comments:

Post a Comment